Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

From small acorns...

BeerMe

Grow big(ish) Dobsonians :-)

Started saving for my upgrade to a 10" Flextube.  Once I get to £250-300 I'll put my Heritage up for sale to make up the balance, hopefully around mid-April after my birthday.  If I can get a good deal I might even have enough for a decent EP to go with it!

Onwards and upwards :-)

Screenshot_2017-02-27-19-24-48.png

14 minutes ago, John said:

Every little bit counts :icon_biggrin:

Hope there are no more price rises before you get one !

I'll be buying a used (but not abused!) one when the time comes, and they seem to be going for ~£300.  Whether one comes up for sale when I'm looking to buy, is a different matter altogether ;-)

Its half the excitement saving up for something.  If your on schedule you will have Hercules globular clusters to view early in the warm mornings, then slowly we lean back towards Orion again for some ultimate views.   Nice plans I like your idea! 

4 minutes ago, BeerMe said:

I'll be buying a used (but not abused!) one when the time comes, and they seem to be going for ~£300.  Whether one comes up for sale when I'm looking to buy, is a different matter altogether ;-)

There are some bargains in the summer.  Especially during the never-ending daylight of May June & July. 

31 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

There are some bargains in the summer.  Especially during the never-ending daylight of May June & July. 

This is what I'm hoping for :-)

I'm in no great rush, I still get a lot of joy from my lil Heritage so I'll be patient til I get what I want, even if it means waiting til later in the summer.  I'm not planning on upgrading again for a long time, so I need to get this choice right lol.

HI Paul,

Someones got aperture fever! Its a pity our ambitions don't match our wallets isn't it? However its good to look ahead and save up for our goals,that way we appreciate things more.Their may be a tinge of sadness when you let your old scope go though.:sad2:

Les.

Good luck, I hope your plan comes to fruition.

BTW I planned to go down the pre-owned route for my present scope and waited for ages for one to be available without any luck so bought new in the end. Might as well have waited longer as since my purchase I've not had a real good session due to weather.

23 hours ago, Les Ewan said:

HI Paul,

Someones got aperture fever! Its a pity our ambitions don't match our wallets isn't it? However its good to look ahead and save up for our goals,that way we appreciate things more.Their may be a tinge of sadness when you let your old scope go though.:sad2:

Les.

More than a tinge Les, it's a great little piece of kit that has given me a brilliant introduction to the wonders of astronomy.  Unfortunately, it does lack a bit in the aperture department but I think I'll be stopping at 10" for a while, the next jump might kill her lol.

13 hours ago, Astro Imp said:

Good luck, I hope your plan comes to fruition.

BTW I planned to go down the pre-owned route for my present scope and waited for ages for one to be available without any luck so bought new in the end. Might as well have waited longer as since my purchase I've not had a real good session due to weather.

Yeah I'm wary of that Alan.  It's maybe a 3 weeks since I've seen something suitable and maybe that was just luck, as I wasn't really looking before.  Plenty of nearlies though, including 1 or 2 at 12" and a few great deals at 8" so I'm hopeful :-)

Archived