Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Hello there StarGazers or shall I say CloudGazers! Hahahaha!

I'm sorting out an auto guiding rig for when the clouds vanish eventually. I'm using the Raspberry PI Model 2 with Lin_guider. I'm after either the following CCD's:

QHY5L-II Mono or ZWO ASL120MM Mono

Let me know if you have any spare or have recently upgraded.

I was going to go with an Altair Astro mono GPCAM but currently there is no support from lin_guider or Linux drivers as of yet.

Thanks all! 

Edited by PESKYWAABBIT

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

• By AstroRuz
      Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
      £1000
      Includes:
      Altair Astro 183m Tec
      Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
      ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
      All associated cables/plugs
      T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
      Boxes and cases
      There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
      Collection or postage via DPD.
      Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
      No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split

• By LuminousCRO
      I was looking to get into astrophotography with my 10 inch dobson and for start would like to buy something affordable. Cameras can be used or new. Thanks in advance!
    • By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 
    • By Matt Dawson
      Hello I'm new to this forum, greetings from rainy Luxembourg.
      I see this subject has been well covered already but I have a specific situation I need help with. I have a f/3.67 20" (508mm) Newtonian,coupled with a TS-Optics Coma Corrector 0.73x Reducer,  and an Apogee U4000 CCD (chip size 15.2mm x 15.2mm). I understand I need an over sized secondary to take full advantage of this f/2.7 super fast setup, but exactly what size secondary should I order? This setup has disadvantages that I cannot change like unforgiving collimation and focus (and some coma), but this is the one thing I can change for optimum performance. Can anyone tell me how to calculate this or, better still, calculate it for me?
      Cheers,
      Matt Dawson, Luxembourg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.