Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Last night I could do my first test with a Raspberry controlled HEQ5 mount. Worked much better now compare with all problem I had one year ago. I succeeded to: Plate solve, auto focus, take images. What's left to fix, auto guiding, GPS module to communicate.
Tonight it looks to be a clear night too. I will do a new test run, concentrate me on the auto guider, now in the beginning I use the internal guider, later maybe I change over to PHD2. Very exiting.
My setup of HEQ5 and a 300 mm Pentax 645 lens:
I've been trying to image a couple of galaxies per night, one pre and one post flip. On early Saturday morning at 1:30am I changed over to M82, and acquired 63 x 3 mins subs, OSC, totalling 3 hours and 9 minutes of data.
Camera: ZWO 2600MC at -10 deg C, gain 100, offset 50
Telescope: Skywatcher 250PX (blue tube), 1200mm F4.7
Mount: Mesu e200
Guiding: ZWO OAGv2, 290MM, PHD2
Software: APT for capture, APP and PS for processing
I havent really had a chance to get much use out of this camera since I bought it in December, and I havent processed many OSC images before. I've a bit of work to do, but still very happy with the quality of the data for just 3 hours of integration time. I would like to add some Ha to this, but purposely didnt bother during the recent clear spell, as it was moonless nights and I gathered some broadband data on other targets instead.
I have been imaging the California nebula and found that there was a large gradient in the final image. I have now taken some flat frames for the setup and found that the gradient was in all of the photos and took up about 1/3 of the sensor space.
I have attached an image of a flat frame to show the issue.
I am currently using a skywatcher esprit 100ed with my ASI 294 MC PRO. Between the two of them are, field flattened, ZWO OAG, 2 spacers and ontology l-enhance filter. I have checked down the objective and can see no issues with the alignment up to the filter. All threads are screwed in correctly with a snug fit, and there are no massive pieces of debris covering the objective.
need help ASAP please.
Restoring a Backup on a Mac
Something else I came across and a chap called Terry on Facebook had a solution.
Again, you might already know this, but just in case.
You buy a new ASIAIR Pro, you are pretty much advised that one of the first things you should do, is to create a backup of your software(includes your license key) from the supplied SD card.
And one of the common methods suggested for Mac users is to use the “Apple Pi Baker” program/application.
So, I used the application to create my backup and saved it in a safe place, in fact I made two copies(belt and braces).
Then, yesterday, I thought I should really try to restore one of these backups to make sure they actually work, else what is the point of having a backup for that rainy day.
And actually, I will keep the original safe and use my copy going forward.
So, I inserted a new blank SD card(Fat32) and started the restore process, letting it run its course.
Once it had finished, I did a quick eye ball to compare the copy to the original and all the files appeared to be there.
I then plugged the restored SD card back into the ASIAIR Pro, but the device would not start/boot up!
Just in case, I then reformatted another SD card and tried that one, but still no good.
I then created another backup from the original SD card(so all in all I had img and zip versions) and tried to restore them, the same result, fail.
On further investigation, it looks like this is fairly common.
Terry on ASIAIR Facebook group suggested downloading the file from the ZWO website, but then using your own License file.
I then used the ASIAIR PRO link above(from the “How_to_Restore_ASIAIR_OS.pdf” on line doc) to get the file.
First, keeping a copy of my zwoair_license safe of course(still on the original SD card).
The file is pretty large, unzips to about 31 GB and takes a while to download(9GB zipped) even on cable.
I then restored(using Apple Pi Baker) this new downloaded file to my new SD card and once it had completed, I then overwrote(replaced) the
existing “zwoair_license” file with my original(my unique supplied copy).
Next, I then inserted the new copied/restored SD card into the ASIAIR Pro and it started.
Finally, I then connected via the ASIAIR app using my IPhone and was prompted to update the firmware to the latest version which I did.
Bingo all good, the original SD card supplied by ZWO stored in a safe place and I am now using this copy going forward.