Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
alexbb

M13 with slow achro

Hello all,

Last night it was clear so I spent some time on M13. There's something that I don't like at my 130 PDS, I have to figure it out, so I put the camera on the evostar 90/900.

3-4 minutes luminance 5s, ~40 minutes luminance 30s, 3-4 minutes each RGB 15s. I couldn't get more before the scope would see the window frame. Gain 300, cooled at -15C. Guided.

Won't say more as I stayed all night up and since I woke up I'm processing data (other data too). I'm happy that tonight it's cloudy so I can sleep.

Below is the final result.

Clear skies,

Alex

M13-F900-2017-02-25-RGB_p01.jpg

• Like 8

Alex, very nice M13, i see you have a sneaky small galaxy bottom left of the image

Thanks! The larger galaxy is NGC6207 and there's also the fainter IC4617 in between at 15.2-15.5 mag. Pleased enough for city lights, bad seeing, short exposures and slow 90mm achromat. Need to get that 0.63 reducer for the C6 though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this