SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

"updated" have a play with my first HA image.

xtreemchaos

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Sean, sw ed80 scope, Quark chromo, 50% reducer, baader ir filter, asi120mc cam. took 1200 frames avi with firecapture, sorted the 1200 frames with PIPP down to 100 best frames and staxed with registax 6. I'm amazed with HA, ill hopefull get to do a mosaic soon. clear skys, charl.

Ahh...the Quark Chromo.   That looks a nifty bit of kit.   Would you recommend it ?  Those dedicated H-a scopes above 60mm are the realm of oil barons and Russian Oligarchs.  Did you agonise over the decision to go 'Quark' ?

Hi Charl seems like you have the Ha bug. ? I would have a go at your image but a 100 frames is a bit light hence your noise issue. Aim to stack 600 at least. Also, your image looks sharpened already? To be honest I find Registax to be a bit of a sledgehammer. AutoStakkert is much better at stacking my Ha stuff.

Hi Charl, this is using Astra Image to sharpen, denoise, multi-scale contrast then colour up a bit. Then the gradient got rid of in Photoshop using Gradient Exterminator and the colour sorted out again (gradex made all the dark bits blue!)

I wish it was as easy to get good results with my own data!

charl.png

Well I had a go and although I couldn't get too much more out of it due to the noise, it's an image and it's had some processing so it'll do me :)

Main things were a touch of wavelets, adjusted the gamma and contrast in Registax. Then tried to muck about with an artificial flat to take out the gradient and colourising obviously.

Having no Ha gear, while doing this I learned that you can push the sharpening quite a way with Ha, interesting, must look into securing some fundage.

Mono

Charl's Quark image Mono.png

Colour

Charl's Quark image colour.png

Colour invert

Charl's Quark image colour invert.png

thanks Chris, will be redoing in the morning with Autostacker, dont think I could pullout 600 frames from my 1200 frame vid 5.7gb but maybe I could do 100 to 150 more frames so it might help, could get any longer vids with fast moving cloud, I usally do 4000 f vids. clear skys, charl.

update, thismorrnig ive rePIPP it with 350 frames converted it to bnw and saved to ser, staxed with AS2 and ive ended up with lines running the whole top to bottom 10 times worse than regi but over all if you don't zoom in I think its a nicer image with AS. id pull me hair out if I had any. any ideas chaps ?.

Moon_092142_pipp_g3_b3_ap504.png 

As Neil says, looks like the bayer matrix, didn't spot that you were using a colour camera though other folks are using them without problems as far as I'm aware.

Have an experiment without the focal reducer and also try a barlow to see if it affects the result, when / if the Sun appears.

I'm sure the long suffering Mrs Chaos won't mind buying you a mono camera if you explain your technical problems :grin:

Dave

thanks Neil and Dave, ive got the misses lined up for the Quark :icon_biggrin:. sounds like you have hit the nail on the head, with also having problems with moon shots aswell when convert to bnw.

ive done another vid this was taken without the reducer, but the lines are there but not as bad , its staxed the same with AS.

093329 24-2-17.png   

agreed mate, I think we have made progress, I nearly binned that last vid because it didn't look good enough when taking it with the seeing at hi mag, at the mo I'm reprocessing the one I took with the reducer and not converting to bnw to see what happens also trying binning as Neil said, ill update my findings as soon. charl.    

update, woops AS wont stax colour, back to the drawing board.

Archived