Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trigger Grip Ball Mount Accessory for Tripod

MasterC

Hey all,

I have the Celestron 15x70 bins, and the Hama Star 63 tripod.  Id love to get something that would allow better vertical movement, and was considering a ball head adapter, and possibly some kind of trigger thingy to go with it.

Any recommendations?

Sorry for the vagueness!

Thanks in advance.

C

Check Amazon for the Manfrotto 222 pistol grip, or the Neweer (Neewer?)copy of same (£29.99 so a bit cheaper). The Manfrotto is a solid bit of kit and will handle your 15x70s easily. I imagine the Neweer would be similarly OK. You don't need the additional ball head for either as it's already there :)

9 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Also, This or This

An extra £20 and you're getting a better tripod too IMO

+1 for this setup. Terrific value for money. I've had mine for a few years now and the only issue to arise was the tripod leg clamp assembly bolts loosening, which is easy to keep an eye on.

44 minutes ago, Alfian said:

+1 for this setup. Terrific value for money. I've had mine for a few years now and the only issue to arise was the tripod leg clamp assembly bolts loosening, which is easy to keep an eye on.

Agreed. Forgot to mention that but otherwise a robust and versatile setup. 

2 hours ago, Alfian said:

I recently got the Amazon basics version which is essentially the same its really good and very stable 

2 hours ago, Alfian said:

maybe a small dab of Thread Lock might help?

The nail varnish tip was one I picked up many years ago when I first started motorcycling on (what was then) an East German MZ 150 two stroke. It was designed to be a home maintenance work horse of a bike and with the owners manual you could do almost everything bar stripping the crank  out. When maintaining the front forks, new oil etc, it advised that when replacing the fork stanchion threaded top caps to put some nail varnish on the threads. Perhaps the MZ engineers were more sartorially liberated than we give them for.

Owned a MZ for several months before taking the test in '84. Freezing winter that year and rather clunky to operate in the cold, as I remember:happy11:

Own a Yamaha these days and looking to buy a geared tripod, lighter than the Ravelli, for bike rides to nearby darker observing sites. 

Just about keeping this on topic, but for a moment there I was searching for a link between Yamaha and a geared tripod!  However, now I think about it, I wonder If I could have pictures of my old Benelli Sei, (definitely ot a Ravelli) or my Bonneville transferred onto my 150P OTA?  Sorry, won't mention bikes again.

Archived