Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new Intes MN71 MakNewt

I just picked up this Intes MN71 MakNewt and thought you all might like to see a few photos as there aren't that many of them about. It's got some nice baffling, Orion Optics HiLux coatings, rotating rings, and a fan behind the primary which was an optional extra. 

It's a 7" F6 Maksutov-Newtonian.

Apologies for the weeks of cloud we will probably get now.

DSC_0259.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0258.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

Always had a fascination (and indeed always wanted) one of those Russian Mac Cass / Mak Newt scopes.

I'm led to believe Intes long since stopped making telescopes, also STF (former Intes workers ?) have also stopped, leaving only Intes Micro left. I think Widescreen still sell them ?

Let us know how you get on with it. It looks 'very Russian'. Do you have a good mount ; something semi indestructible ? :icon_biggrin:

Cheers, I've never looked through one so I'm hoping for a clear night soon. It will go on my GPDX and maybe my Atlux when I get the pier sorted or a tripod for it. It will probably be the cause of some new eyepiece purchases too, most likely a 5mm BST and 6mm SLV. 

Yes, I think Intes just make optics for space now, they don't sell to consumers.

Excellent! Looks a lovely scope, I drooled over that one but was saved by a lack of funds..... oh, and just selling an MN190 :)

GPDX......Atlux......MN71..... these words must be used with care as they can set off alarming affects in those reading who have a weakness for such lovelies :)

Enjoy!

My tip would be to allow good time for the scope to cool. They take somewhat longer than a newtonian of the same aperture. I hope the collimation is good - they can be tricky in that department. Otherwise you should be in for a treat - close to 6" apo refractor image quality at substantially less than 6" apo cost !

Thanks John. It will be kept in a place which is cooler than indoors and I'm hoping the rear fan will help with cooldown as well. Tony who sold it to me said that collimation of the secondary was tricky as the secondary tends to rotate as you adjust it but that it holds collimation well, and he has collimated it for me so hopefully it won't need doing too soon. I'm really looking forward to trying it on the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. :-)

That really is quite a catch. I think for as long as I wanted one I might only ever have seen one or two come up second hand. I craved a intes mak/Cass for years then I saw some Jupiter images taken with a MN which really impressed me. Never happened for me though.

Archived