Banner.jpg.32030495336bee81a52546621b6f39a2.jpg

Sol 24-2-17 first HA and WL "updated"

xtreemchaos

not bad seeing thismorrning, got my first Quark images , I must say I'm quite gobsmacked, ha a is really amazing, thanks to Nihal for lending me his brand new Quark.

bare with me I'm still getting to grips with processing HA so all advice is most welcome.

thanks for looking, clear skys, charl.

mono.

sol 24-2-17 08.30.png

coloured.

sol 24-2-17 08.30 col.png

mono.

sol HA 24-2-17 09.30.png

coloured.

sol HA 24-2-17 09.30 col.png

invert.

sol HA 24-2-17 09.30 inv.png

this isn't a close up just a crop with a bit topaz clarity adjustment. ill ptoberly be playing with the image allday.

sol HA 24-2-17 09.30 size.png

and  one the right way up with a bit of colour.

sol 1st HA 24-2-17 09.30 col.png

Edited by xtreemchaos
added anotber pic
  • Like 8

Super images Charl, the Quark looks to be performing as expected thank goodness.

Which scope are you using it in ? I found the more aperture the better but you do need an extra filter of some sort with apertures over 100mm.

Clouds here as usual but I did manage an hour or so last night.

Dave

• Like 1

thank Dave, I'm using the ed80 with a 50% reducer on the asi120mc, tried it without the reducer but the mag was too much for the seeing, I have ir erf which should work ok with the 120mm, but I fancy honing my skills with the little ed.  clouds here now mate, I'm still trying to get a few more vids but the seeing looks to of gone down hill a bit in the gaps.  charl. ps would you say I'm on band?

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1