Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Collision at the Speed of Light

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

That would surely make the length of this thread tend to infinity!

I thought it was in danger of doing so already, without the help of QM ?

But I suppose the infinite length with QM would be a bigger/longer one than without its help ?

2 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

Poor @Corkeyno2 look what we have done to his topic, he is probably gnashing teeth in another universe by now !

Blame it on the cloud cover, if it were clear I'd be doing something else :) 

Maybe tonight, maybe,,

Jim

8 minutes ago, saac said:

Thinking of management types and media commentators - why do they always refer to a massive change as a "quantum leap". :hiding:

Jim

Probably because it's analogous to electrons making transitions between discrete atomic energy levels.........but they wouldn't know that, I suspect!

Doug.

31 minutes ago, Corkeyno2 said:

Yikes, I came back in a couple of days and you're talking about quantum particles? Nevermind, I'm already in a neighboring universe lol

Corkey - sorry your thread got hijacked while you were away, but we've had some fun.  Please excuse us!

Doug.

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

Probably because it's analogous to electrons making transitions between discrete atomic energy levels.........but they wouldn't know that, I suspect!

Doug.

I'm sure that the irony would be lost on them Doug if it were explained, but it always makes me smile when I hear it abused so. ;) 

Jim

Archived