Berlebach Tripod - Which one - Uni 28 or 18

Telescope40

Hi Guys.  Wisdom required again as usual.  Looking to upgrade my tripod for my NEQ6Pro and I'm split as to which Berlebach option might work best.

Given the scopes to be used are my C9.25 and my Meade 5000  127 Apo  F7.5, which would you opt for.  Uni  18 or 28 ????  .

Working height /  vibration- dampening loss if at max height,  is the query I guess or is it irrelevant given the OTA's in use and the quality of the tripods from this supplier.  All I hear is good reviews. Probably can't go wrong with either, in the long run. 

Best regards   John

I've recently acquired a Uni 28 from First Light Optics. It has the double leg clamps and seems very stable even with the legs fully extended. It carries my 130mm F/9.2 refractor on either a Skytee II or an Ercole alt-azimuth mount. I need the height that the Uni 28 has for the long refractor. It's my 1st Berlebach and I'm very impressed with it.

If the Uni 18 gives you the height that you need than I'm sure its a great tripod as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. The Uni 28 has arrived. Very very nice piece of gear. So next I'm immediately looking at one of these as an alternative to the chain. 

https://www.berlebach.de/?bereich=details&id=170&sprache=english

Does this fit the  tripod instead of OR as well as the wooden tray. Can't quite decide and looking for wisdom yet again 

Regards  John

Yes the wooden tray will fit on top of the spreader bars and is fastened down by a central knob. You just have to remove the small metal brackets from the corners of the tray. Can't remember if I had to drill a hole for the central,knob or not.

The spreader bar makes it so much quicker to set up the tripod and does increase the stability a little bit. Actually I don't bother with the tray very often now.

John

post-1876-0-54225600-1346173752_thumb.jpgpost-1876-0-59178600-1346173693_thumb.jpg

post-1876-0-08136100-1346173813_thumb.jpgpost-1876-0-10619900-1346173774_thumb.jpg

Spreader-Closeup.jpg

Archived