Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M78 and some of Barnards Loop

swag72

5 minutes ago, Gina said:

Excellent as always Sara :)  I don't like RGB processing either but you have succeeded.  I've looked at M78 but got nothing though that's not surprising if you needed over 40 hours - no chance of that over here!!

There's plenty of folks who have got a great M78 with less data...... I don't think you actually *need* that much, but..... As I don't like LRGB imaging as well as finding it so very difficult to process,  I knew that more data would give me less of a processing headache.

I guess it kind of worked as by iteration 5 I had something recognisable..... It just took another 25 goes to get it to this stage :D 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Paddy - I generally use internet resources of imagers that I like and I found that there was still a whole host of different takes on the dust and the loop colour.... In the end I settled for what I liked :) Not what was accurate ..... as you know that I don't really care about accuracy :D 

Archived