Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Phases of Venus

MarsG76

Hi All,

After imaging Venus last evening, when it became visible it was already low in the west less than 30 minutes from it setting behind the mountains.

Being so low in the west and the amount of turbulence/heat shimmer I was fighting when imaging, I think that I might not image Venus this season again, so I'm sharing my collection of Venus phases I captured between 1st December 2016 and 20th February 2017.

Thanks for looking,

Mariusz

image.jpeg

22 hours ago, festoon said:

These are amazing images of venus...really love the detail. Were you using a particular filter for these shots and were they taken in a colour or mono camera?

Hello Festoon,

Thank you for the comment. I used a DMK 21au618 mono camera through a Astrodon UVenus filter for blue, Baader IR for red channel and a UV/IR filter for green/luma. It is the UVenus that shows the Venusian cloud details but it is almost the hardest to get stable since it's most susceptible to atmospheric condition, especially when Venus is ususally quite low.

Archived