Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello (again) from Norfolk

SmokeyJoe

After buying a sky watcher 200p a couple of years ago, I spent six months or so having a great time observing under some relatively dark skies in the middle of the Norfolk countryside. I was just starting to dip a toe into the dark waters of astrophotography (basic DSLR and cheapish colour CCD). Unfortunately at that point life pulled the rug from under me and I haven't had the scope out or been on the forum since 2013.  Just before the proverbial hit the fan I had taken my mount to pieces as the bolts had bent, what with the time delay and moving house bits of it became scattered to the four winds delaying my return to astronomy even more. I finally gave up on ever getting all the pieces in one place and have now gone and purchased a new EQ5 synscan (and replacement bolts)  and am currently jumping up and down with excitement waiting for it to arrive!

It's good to be back. 

As has been said (1)welcome home and(2) having bought new gear please remember to have a vacuum cleaner ready and plugged in  to clear up

the clouds from from the parcel as you  open it !!! 

Good luck  and happy stargazing      

Robin

Hi there,

Welcome back to the forum.  The Synscan three star alignment process is simplicity itself.  Sadly, its been ages since three stars were visible together. :clouds1:

I'm sure that your delivery will coincide with clear skies.

John

On 21/02/2017 at 14:59, 101nut said:

Grumble, moan ... clouds just moved in over Norwich ...

Think we need a new sign, "Welcome to Norfolk, a cloudy county"

AndyG

I think the GB/UK should have a new welcome sign at airports... "Welcome to Cloudy & Windy Britain." :evil62:

BTW - welcome back to SGL. :hello2:

2 hours ago, PatrickO said:

Hi SmokeyJoe, another Norfolk resident here. Norwich to be exact. No dark skies in my back yard, but not bad if I drive out 15 mins.

Hi Patrick, don't know if you have investigated the local astronomy groups here is a list 

http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/Clubs/Default.aspx?CountyId=53

Breckland astronomy club has some really dark skies, not visited the others.  Nice cat, got one very similar.

Archived