Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comparison of Photo Editors

EWHB

Photo Editing Software  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best photo editing software, in your opinion?

• Adobe PhotoShop
    • GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)
    • Paint.Net
    • Coral Draw
    • Xara Photo & Graphics Designer Suite

4 hours ago, happy-kat said:

You missed out paintshoppro. Best in what sense, value for money (two listed are free and one is ridiculously priced over lifetime).

I am so sorry, I was thinking at the time that there was one that I missed, but I couldnt think of it! I will add it!

:)

If it's for photos, then most photographers use Lightroom. Personally I don't like it. Apart from being expensive I can get my processing done easier in Nikon's NX-D (which is free) and the occasional extra bit of cloning in PaintshopPro 7.

Yes, it all depends of what you want to use it for and in which aspects it is "best".  I now use GIMP to edit photos and PixInsight for astro image editing since changing to Linux Mint for my main desktop computer.  Previously I used Photoshop for both.  I've tried others in the past.

You probably know I'm a great supporter of PSP as a viable alternative to the far more expensive PhotoShop.....

>90% of the time it is more than capable of carrying out the processes required by the amateur....

BUT

I have found a couple of limitations which annoy me!! PSP has no direct equivalent to the PS "Free Transform" function. Also it can't handle the "Divide" function (Introduced in PS with CS5)

Bumma!

Archived