SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

m45

gaelicstorm7

Hi all,

Why is it, it's always cloudy untill your just about to go to bed then when you look out the sky's have cleared !, anyway- went out about 11.00pm last night got set up with the intention of taking some images of M41 but no chance it had vanished behind a tree , so thought I'd have a go again at M45, used the stiletto to get focus (fantastic piece of kit, will write a review shortly), while putting this away spotted the diffraction spike mask I'd made over Christmas from a smash tin lid and some cotton ( proper blue peter job ! ) and thought I'd give it a go (was told it might not work as I'd made it to fit on the end of the dewshield as opposed to in front of the lens), then started shooting - whadya think ?

Megrez/EQ5/350D combo with CLS and VH-1 filter

6 x 90sec 800iso

7 x 120 sec 1600iso

Image vastly reduced for posting !

Quite pleased with it, my best M45 yet I think

Alan

post-12879-133877318487_thumb.jpg

That is another great image Alan and again the colour variation really enhances the image. Not sure about the spikes though.

theres such a heck of a lot to learn (which is good :lol:).

What is a VH-1 filter - please god not another essential bit of kit involving a bit of coloured glass the price of cut diamonds.

Martin

Thanks for the kind comments guys'n'gals,

LOL, LOL, stay unfiltered Arthur, in the raw, hehehe

Yep I'm afraid a VH-1 filter is another expensive bit of glass, it's Williams Optics own minus violet filter to suit the semi-apo Megrez I use, for imaging I think it's a necessary evil, relly does make a difference,

Alan.

Yep I'm afraid a VH-1 filter is another expensive bit of glass, it's Williams Optics own minus violet filter to suit the semi-apo Megrez I use, for imaging I think it's a necessary evil, relly does make a difference,

Well now there's a surprise :lol:

Martin

Alan another superb image mate I was looking up at the skies alot last night myself dogs thought it was a special night or something walking them round more than usual but it never go good here I only briefly saw 2 stars in the same bit of sky was just rolling cloud cover here

perhaps you pay more council tax in your part Lol

Archived