Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Permacloud

BRUN

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Nyctimene said:

rural Odenwald at 49°37' Lat/ 8°55' E Long a dark area between the light flooded Rhein-Main and Mannheim-Heidelberg regions

Beautiful. I see you also miss astronomical darkness for a short time. Enjoy your summer :happy11:!

4 hours ago, Cinco Sauces said:

Beautiful. I see you also miss astronomical darkness for a short time. Enjoy your summer :happy11:!

Just a few weeks, from June 4th to July 8th without astronomical darkness. Nevertheless, I could make astronomical use of those weeks during the last years, even for brighter DSO's, with NELM's about 4.8 mag-5.0 mag and SQM-L readings of about 19,7; enough for open and globular clusters, planetaries. I was really astonished about this fact. And, of course, the moon, planets; nice to observe in balmy nights with the smell of hay; with crickets and glow worms;  bats hunting (and a glass of Red Riesling- a white wine from red(-dish) grapes; the precursor  variety of Rhine Riesling). Come on, Summer!

Stephan

33 minutes ago, Nyctimene said:

I could make astronomical use of those weeks during the last years, even for brighter DSO's, with NELM's about 4.8 mag-5.0 mag and SQM-L readings of about 19,7; enough for open and globular clusters, planetaries.

Nautical darkness is not that bad, may be only for AP. For visual it is just fine!

34 minutes ago, Nyctimene said:

nice to observe in balmy nights with the smell of hay; with crickets and glow worms;  bats hunting (and a glass of Red Riesling- a white wine from red grapes; the precursor  variety of Rhine Riesling).

Ohh please, dont! 15 years ago I spent three months at the university in Freiburg am Breisgau working for a science project. Riesling, local bieren, Kirchwasser, daily bike tours in the Schwarzwald ... tons of beautiful memories from that time!

Also observing without freezing .... Enjoy your Riesling and your balmy summer nights :happy11: !

Archived