Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150pds

Hello SGL being the proud owner of a skywatcher 150pds  and unhappy with the focuser attachment m54 to 2" as standard with two thumb screws  they screw thing up for collimation albeit not alignment exact,and for visual all my eyepieces are 1.25  what options are available I see that FLO do an alternative and so does Baader albeit a lot more expensive , what is the general consensus, I know that there is a price difference but planning to use the scope for for ap and visual ?

All help greatly appreciated

Andy

No 150pds owners want to ad their 2 pennies worth?  Just that the tilt on the 2" to 1 1/4 adapter Is annoying me when tightening thumbscrews on 2" adapter. I have also looked on TS website and they do an adaptor with compression ring for 39-00 euros about 32-00 quid similar to the one offered by FLO. just looking for some advise.

Regards

Andy

I have the 150pds with standard adaptors. For visual I don't see tilt, and for ap I use only 2" adaptors. This works fine for me, so I can't offer you any further advice.

I assume that you've tried google.

Good luck

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 09:18, wimvb said:

I have the 150pds with standard adaptors. For visual I don't see tilt, and for ap I use only 2" adaptors. This works fine for me, so I can't offer you any further advice.

I assume that you've tried google.

Good luck

No prob with 2" adapter to 2"eyepiece just that when I insert the 1.25" adapter it pintches and tilts it to one side with the two thumb screws, the two inch extension lip is slightly longer than the 2"to 1.25" adapter so maybe that is causing the problem. hey ho do I change the focuser m54 adapter for a 2" variant like mentioned to alleviate the problem or change to a different 2"to1.25" adapter and use existing focuser 2" adapter who knows

• 2 months later...

It's a 2" to 1.25" adaptor so it goes in the 2" eyepiece holder. 

I recently bought a 2" clicklock and it makes a significant difference. I would recommend getting the 2" clicklock to fit your focuser and then the 2" to 1.25" adaptor as well. Everything is held squarely and securely and eyepiece changes are much quicker and easier. 

Yeah, that would work for visual. Problem is - as far as I can tell without buying one to try - all the clicklocks eat up the inward travel I need for my DSLR. The only possible one might be the M54, which uses up about 18mm over the standard drawtube clamp. I don't think I have 18mm of travel left on the focuser when my 50D is focused. Even if it did, it would be around £200 to do it, almost as much as the OTA cost!

That is a problem. Measuring the actual amount of focus travel will at least let you know whether it is an option or not. If you're using a 2" to 1.25" adaptor as well that uses up another 10mm as it has to stick out of the top of the 2" clamp. 

I may still get them (i.e. 2 not 3) for visual as they also hold filters I believe. I would just have to unscrew things for AP - not ideal really. That said when the clouds next part I'll check how much inward travel is left. At least I'll know for sure.

The 2" to 1.25" clicklock holds 2" filters, possibly the 37/47mm extension clicklocks also hold filters but the other 2" clicklocks won't (you wouldn't want to be unscrewing the clicklock and then screwing it back in with a filter attached anyway). With the 2" to 1.25" clicklock you have to be careful about inserting things with long nose pieces. Eyepieces will be fine but barlows will be long enough to hit a filter. 

Archived