Narrowband

mosaic fixed, well sorta

xtreemchaos

patched the missing tile with one from 17-12-16, not quite the right faze but I don't think it looks to bad from a distance. this has got me thinking, what if this could be done with all the fazes, like terminator all over, I know pros have done it but could it be done by me with a attention span of a goldfish ?. thanks for looking. charl.

before.

cu 11 14-2-17mosaic.png

with the tile mophed in.

fix 14-2-17_stitch.jpg

last after being tickled in photoshop. ive had to tilt it a bit to get things to line up.

RE 14-2-17_mosaic fix.png

and one for luck,

this time I managed to do it without tilting it.

zcu 11 14-2-17_.png

Well done, nothing wrong with patching in before the finishing coat. Looks good!

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

... this has got me thinking, what if this could be done with all the fazes, like terminator all over ...

Had wondered about that too... 

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

... I know pros have done it

Any links?

Great sticking plaster Charl, well done mate.

ref composites, I've looked and couldn't find anything, thought of doing it, then realised that libration would complicate things, you'd be looking at quite a challenge I reckon. Maybe a collaboration to maximise imaging opportunities.

38 minutes ago, cosmo-astro02 said:

What'S the reason of the black spaces in the image ?

is that due to a processing problem?

Anyway, nice job and thanks for sharing with us !

It's due to missing parts of the mosaic due to not capturing enough panels most likely. Or over cropping the ones he did or not enough overlap. 

• 1 month later...

Archived