SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Startools freezing

Hi,

I just decided to try startools as it is very recommended in here,  but i'm having a problem with the 64 bit windoes version. I open it,  then click on ok and it freezes and i have to kill it.  The 32 bit version opens ok,  i load the image but when i try to do anything,  like autodev,  it crashes. 

I tried  both stable and bleeding edge versions and they all behave the same way. 

My notebook has 16gb of ram,  core i5 and running windows 7 pro 64 bit. 

Is anyone having this issue too?  What could i do to solve this?  

Thank you. 

Happy-kat,  i only tried with one image.  Gonna try to save it as fits to see how it handles. I took a look at the startools forum and there is a new topic mentioning the same thing happening.  I'll try the fits file and post here if it works.  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Atreta said:

Happy-kat,  i only tried with one image.  Gonna try to save it as fits to see how it handles. I took a look at the startools forum and there is a new topic mentioning the same thing happening.  I'll try the fits file and post here if it works.  Thanks. 

you have to use fit files in startools 

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Funny thing is i have a copy of star tools trial in an external drive and the 64bit works perfectly and the one on the internal drive doesn't.  I set dss to autosave as fits and used it., must say it's a very good software indeed.  I'm considering to buy it when i get more familiar with it. 

Thanks again everyone. 

9 hours ago, Atreta said:

Thanks for the replies everyone.  Funny thing is i have a copy of star tools trial in an external drive and the 64bit works perfectly and the one on the internal drive doesn't.  I set dss to autosave as fits and used it., must say it's a very good software indeed.  I'm considering to buy it when i get more familiar with it. 

Thanks again everyone. 

Are they the same version, currently 1.4 the forum on startools is a good place for answers and ivo will reply to questions ,maybe take a few days due to work commitments but he does catch up with all questions asked 

On 2/18/2017 at 18:32, bottletopburly said:

Try binning the image first i had a freeze once trying to process a large image from a full frame camera 

+1 for binning especially if your using a dslr. You can maybe bin up to 50% without losing too much detail.

Archived