Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQalign problem

freeomano

Hi Steve,

I take it you are following the procedure as outlined at http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/tutindex.html.

So, after completing mount alignment and polar alignment, if you can see the target star in your capture software e.g. SharpCap (helpful to have a cross reticule enabled) careful adjustment of NSEW controls to centre the star in the reticule, then you hit the Sync button, and repeat for identifiable stars, at various points around the sky, the more the merrier & more accurate will be the pointing.

Oh , I dont think I explained myself well... I am trying to use EQalign ... When I want to use calibrate I can see the star on the screen but you have to click

on it , when I try to do that it does nothing .. I have a qhy5 camera running windows 10.. I have tried some things but no success.. I had to take the cmosdll.dll 

driver to make the camera work with eqalign at all but if a cant calibrate I wont be able to use program.. Thanks for getting back to me , I appreciate the help ..

Steve

Archived