SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Biggar Scotland

Scott Brown

22 minutes ago, davyludo said:

Hi Scott - I'm just up the road a bit in Edinburgh. Jealous about your darker skies....maybe not the annoying street light though! :tongue2:

Nice scope - I was actually thinking about getting one last year...but storage space is a bit limited and I'm living in a flat just now...realised I'd probably end up being lazy and leaving it in the corner rather than humph it up and down the stairs. I will be picking everyone's brains soon for advice on a new scope.

Glad you got the chance to try it out on the first night! 

Take it easy

Hi Davy..... yeh the dark sky around here is good but that bloody street light lol, I never really noticed it till now. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, furrysocks2 said:

You'll not have far to venture for darker skies down there, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it. Might be hauling my scope down to Wanlockhead in a few weeks, weather permitting.

Hi Furrysocks2.... You right there are plenty of places just 5 or 10 minutes away. I just need to find one that suits.

Just now, BigRD said:

Hi Scott, I'm not too far away in Stirling. Blighted by the same street light issue! I've new to this hobby too...bitten hard :-)

Roy

Hey BigRD.

its nice up there, we sometime take a run up and across to Callander. Yeh bitten hard, I can see my missus getting a bit sick of me always being outside. The streetlight is a pain but I suppose we're stuck with it.

On 16/02/2017 at 22:58, Scott Brown said:

and just on cue...... The clouds cleared and left a lovely clear sky

That's not right.... beginners luck perhaps but new equipment generally equals cloud penalty, get used to that :)

Seriously though welcome to astronomy, SGL and I hope you enjoyed your first views of Jupiter. I remember mine, it was a big WOW moment.

19 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

That's not right.... beginners luck perhaps but new equipment generally equals cloud penalty, get used to that :)

Seriously though welcome to astronomy, SGL and I hope you enjoyed your first views of Jupiter. I remember mine, it was a big WOW moment.

Thanks John, I'm off Wednesday and Thursday night so I hope to catch Jupiter then..... Fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, tony210 said:

Hi Scott - an 8 inch scope has loads of possibilities! - I had a home made 8 inch F8  which was a planet killer even in central London - best wishes Tony

Thanks Tony. Yeh I can't wait to see those planets. Exciting times :)

Archived