Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Biggar Scotland

Scott Brown

Hi all.

I have posted on the forums before but I am introducing myself as I'm now the proud owner of my first scope..... a SW 200P Dob. Picked up the scope brought it home and just on cue...... The clouds cleared and left a lovely clear sky so I have been scouting around and looking at stars. The moon, Jupiter and Saturn don't seem to be up yet so I have no clue what I'm looking at but it's still fun. I can't believe all the background stars that appear when I focus on a bright star... It's as if I'm on a 3D tour of the sky. If my phone app is correct then the moon and Jupiter will be over the horizon in a while so I might go for a wee sleep and set an alarm for them. Anyway I'm glad to be part of all this and look forward to posting in the future. Take Care All.......

Scott

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, saac said:

Good to have you aboard Scott, I bet you have some good dark skies around Biggar to test that new scope.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Good dark sky's but one annoying street light that shines in a part of my garden which I have had to move around a bit to hide from.

Greetings to you formally Scott - nice to welcome you aboard!

I guess you already know what the place is about, so I'll let it slide. But congratulations on your telescope. A very, very good choice! Amazed the weather let you actually use it!

Unheard of - who (or What) do you know?

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Greetings to you formally Scott - nice to welcome you aboard!

I guess you already know what the place is about, so I'll let it slide. But congratulations on your telescope. A very, very good choice! Amazed the weather let you actually use it!

Unheard of - who (or What) do you know?

Dave

Hi Dave

Very surprised the clouds cleared but the mist came down just as Jupiter was coming into view so I missed that.

Hi Scott - I'm just up the road a bit in Edinburgh. Jealous about your darker skies....maybe not the annoying street light though! :tongue2:

Nice scope - I was actually thinking about getting one last year...but storage space is a bit limited and I'm living in a flat just now...realised I'd probably end up being lazy and leaving it in the corner rather than humph it up and down the stairs. I will be picking everyone's brains soon for advice on a new scope.

Glad you got the chance to try it out on the first night! 

Take it easy

Archived