Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

Notty

Canon Astro Modded EOS 1100D ***SOLD***

19 posts in this topic

It's about 3 year old and Astro modded by http://www.cheapastrophotography.com for dual Astro and Terrestrial use.

I don't know the shutter count but it's going to be around 2000 or so max (mean time to failure for these is around 20000 http://www.olegkikin.com/shutterlife/canon_eos1100d.htm)

Excellent condition, chassis + lens, boxed, plus extras: Spare battery and mains adapter.

£200 UK recorded posted

Edited by Notty
Price reduction

Price reduction

Hi,

can I ask if this comes with the kit lens, as the price seems very high without, I have been looking for one of these to get me into the world of AP and most prices seem around the £100 - £130 for this model, and the 450D and 1000D body only and and Astro modded, but I keep missing out on them...

William :)

Hi William it includes the lens yes, Have I priced it high?  I couldn't find many others to compare to at the time; I'll drop it to £200 now but certainly if it's only worth £130 it's not worth me selling it, but I'll try and dig around to see what it should be worth and revise if necessary.

Surely worth £200 all day?

Thank you for the support tooth! I agree and I'm going to leave it at £200 which I think is a very fair price.

I'd buy it only I already have a modified 1000d.  Quite similar, but this one is better. I even used mine with an EOS insert Ha filter and it works really well.  Here is a photo of NNG6888, showing what this modest camera is capable of.  For 200 quid you cant go far wrong.

NGC6888_ha.jpg

1 person likes this

Hi,

Would you consider sending it to Jordan (Of course I would pay the extra shipping)?

PM sent, thanks.

Yes, I guess the majority of the ones I have seen have been 450 and 1000D ones, just assumed that the 1100D was pretty much the same, but maybe it's a better model, sorry to have made assumptions :)

19 hours ago, al-alami said:

Hi,

Would you consider sending it to Jordan (Of course I would pay the extra shipping)?

Sent you a PM

Still for sale. Here are a few pics taken with the camera.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

On 16/02/2017 at 20:13, Notty said:

Excellent condition, chassis + lens,

Hi,

What kind of lens ?  sorry, I'm not familiar with the various Canon kits and their multitudinous range of lenses !

( Nice pics by the way :) have you commented on them elsewhere in the forum, ie. subs, scope etc )

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

Hi,

What kind of lens ?  sorry, I'm not familiar with the various Canon kits and their multitudinous range of lenses !

( Nice pics by the way :) have you commented on them elsewhere in the forum, ie. subs, scope etc )

Probably the stock 18-55mm EFS lens. 

Edited by tooth_dr
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

Hi,

Dang it all I had it all packed up and ready to ship, but my fault entirely I should have specified the lens but yes having ripped it open to check Tooth above is correct it's the 18-55 lens.

Re the pics, yes they all went in the DSO section here at some point, but late last year I moved my processing to Startools and reprocessed some of them (Whirlpool and Trapezium out of these three I think) and they look better IMO.  Having said that all the details regarding subs etc will still be there.  This being me we're not talking hours of data! 

IMG_3440.JPG

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Notty said:

Dang

details regarding subs etc will still be there.  This being me we're not talking hours of data! 

Gulp ! Sorry about that !! Just that I had been perusing the cheapastro site ( and drooling over the 100d ! at vastly greater cost) and non of his come as kits,,, so now you are causing considerable head-scratchings :)

Think I have found your Triangulum, https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/258504-m33-triangulum-50-mins-to-blow-off-the-cobwebs/  yes quite a difference.

1 person likes this

That's the better image stabilised lens too. 

33 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That's the better image stabilised lens too. 

Ah ! So, I didnt ask a stupid question then  :D  :D