Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula Ha

Allinthehead

Good evening all.

This is one of my favorite nebula so much to look at. Hopefully i've done it justice. I plan on adding Oiii when the weather improves. 

360*60 second subs using the Asi 1600mm at gain 399 and offset 15. 40 darks, 40 bias.

Taken through a William Optics star 71 and an astrodon 5nm filter.

Hope you enjoy. Richard.

heart6hrfinal copy.png

You certainly have captured it in all its glory,

nice field of view as well, the only thing I would say

is some of the brighter stars have a shadow around them

making them look like they are coming out the screen

if that makes sense on full image scale

I'm not sure if that is because of how the camera works or

if you have masked  / shrunk the stars a bit to much

That aside a cracking image Richard.

well done

Paul

5 minutes ago, ultranova said:

if you have masked  / shrunk the stars a bit to much

That aside a cracking image Richard.

Thanks ultranova. I appreciate the feedback. I did a masked stretch in PI then transferred to PS for curves, noise reduction, sharpening, and contrast enhancement. I also used carbonis make stars smaller once. I do struggle with the stars.

8 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Looking very nice indeed - A great nebula and you've done it justice :)

Thanks Sarah. Glad you like it.

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks ultranova. I appreciate the feedback. I did a masked stretch in PI then transferred to PS for curves, noise reduction, sharpening, and contrast enhancement. I also used carbonis make stars smaller once. I do struggle with the stars.

Thanks Sarah. Glad you like it.

Nice work - where are you finding this sky to take images.  Not the one above my head :) 

When using masked stretch it can kill the brightness of the nebula a little.  Have you played with auto histogram, I prefer that.  

10 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work - where are you finding this sky to take images.  Not the one above my head :) 

Thanks Paddy. I'm in Cork, south coast of Ireland. I picked this up over two nights. Definitely a better winter for imaging this year. Last year was pathetic.

12 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

When using masked stretch it can kill the brightness of the nebula a little.  Have you played with auto histogram, I prefer that.  

I think i misled you, i know i said masked stretch (didn't realise there was a process in PI called masked stretch) but what i did was use a star mask and stretched with histogram transformation. New to PI. Have it on the 45 day trial. I'll have a play with auto histogram. Thanks for the tip.

Archived