Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FLO

Celestron Spring Sale 2017

15 posts in this topic

celestron_spring_sale_2017_banner.jpg

Celestron have announced their 2017 Spring Sale with some significant savings :biggrin:

Sale ends 28th Feb... 

1 person likes this

Am I going barmy? I was looking at some of these bargains yesterday, but the prices seem to have gone up over night? The C9.25 on the AVX was £1449 yesterday - was there an error, or has my mind finally gone?

You are not going barmy, the c11 on vx was 1700 and something pounds yesterday, now it's up over 1800 pounds

Edited by alanjgreen

Well as long it isn't just me... It did seem like a good bargain.  But I probably couldn't really afford it anyway!  😁

Sorry chaps, we have adjusted a handful of prices.

In our defence there is still a £600 saving on the Celestron C11 AVX, which is rather generous, and we are including a FREE Lynx Astro Silicone power cable with any telescope purchased in the sale (worth £24) :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

2 people like this

Will teach me to dither (no AP pun intended) - definitely still good deals,  just should have pressed the button yesterday! ;-) 

Yes :) I looked at the 9.25 Evo, at 1699, discussed with Financial Secretary to the Treasury last night, got the go-ahead, looked in this am and well ! surprised  1789 :(

I thought by the 28th was a bit of a rush anyway to make a decision of that magnitude !!!

Project now shelved.

32 minutes ago, FLO said:

£600 saving on the Celestron C11 AVX, which is rather generous

Isn't it... Can someone lend me £1800 please. I'll pay it back... promise. :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SilverAstro said:

I thought by the 28th was a bit of a rush anyway to make a decision of that magnitude !!!

It is Celestron's sale, we are simply passing on the savings. Celestron have set the end date. 

The Celestron Evolution 9.25 is priced at £1,789. That is a saving of £310 (plus a free Silicone power cable worth £24). 

Similarly you can save £250 off the Celestron Evolution 8 and you still get the free cable. 

The savings on the SE and SLT series are not as impressive because they were already heavily discounted prior to the sale. But every little helps :smile:  

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

The Celestron Evolution 9.25 is priced at £1,789. That is a saving of £310 (plus a free Silicone power cable worth £24). 

Yes but it was £1699 ! which was an even bigger saving !! of let me see errr * ,,,   I admit today I  missed the offer of the cable, it must have been because of the tears in my eye :D

so, now you can tell Celestron what I thought of the date-line, b-boom :) 

* I did jest to the Chief Secretary last night that if I got both the 8 and the 9.25 (I was in two minds) that would be an even more humungous saving, it can be best described as a 'withering' look :(

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

Yes but it was £1699 ! which was an even bigger saving !! of let me see errr * ,,,   I admit today I  missed the offer of the cable, it must have been because of the tears in my eye :D

I am struggling to tell if you seriously want to buy one at £1,699 or are simply having fun tweaking our tail... :unsure:

If you genuinely want to buy one then I will make amends for our pricing error by PMing you tonight a discount voucher that will change the price to £1,699. 

Will that help?  

Steve 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Probably best if I answer this in-line :-

I am struggling to tell  sorry  if you seriously want to buy one at £1,699 or are simply having fun tweaking our tail... :unsure:In my last post I was having fun, in my first post I was sympathising with the other posters and expressing frustration. I did however realise all the time that the deadline was  Celestron's  Me tweak you tail ? would I dare :)

If you genuinely want to buy one I did genuinely last night then I will make amends for our pricing error by PMing you tonight a discount voucher that will change the price to £1,699. very kind/good of you thank you but,

Will that help?  but, today when we saw the price change we decided we would persue another path. So sorry, we have changed our minds now.

Sorry I confused you

Edited by SilverAstro

We are now including OTAs and the Advanced-VX mount separately in the sale :)

celestron_spring_sale_2017_banner_v2.jpg

You had me worried for a moment having just bought the surplus stock Celestron Evolution 8" HD with Starsense from you last week, and I have not opened the box yet!  It's the non HD ones in the clearance then I expect.

5 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

You had me worried for a moment having just bought the surplus stock Celestron Evolution 8" HD with Starsense from you last week, and I have not opened the box yet!  It's the non HD ones in the clearance then I expect.

Yes - the HD ones aren't being included in the current sale only the non-HD versions and only the 8" and 9.25" versions.