SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

this is what happends when you multytask while doing a mosaic

xtreemchaos

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't feel right to press the 'Like' button in the midst of your pain, but I did and I do :)

Is it permitted to have a little giggle as well ? :angel9:

Oh hold the presses,, I've got it  :- It's a picture of the bare centre, but what you really really wanted was the barycenter

ok, where's my coat , , , 

thanks Silverastro, I totally see the funny side mate, and hopefully it will be a lesson lernt, but no dout it will happen again ,things have to happen a few times for them to stick, but on to the Brightside I havnt melted anything doing solar this year yet  "fingers crossed" clear skys , charl.

Ya want things to stick!

The 'only' successful mosaic I have ever achieved is when myself and ex Mrs bought a random job lot of mixed square and rectangular thick quarry tiles for 100 m² floor. They arrived individually and randomly. Hundreds of the blighters.

My task was to figure out how to use them with minimum waste and an end interesting pattern, ie all laid on a diagonal with intersecting 90°, and inlaid patterns. 

Ok so I'm sitting on it right now.

But I'll take any instructions from you on this Luna aspect any day. :) 

(Mme Anderson has a lot to answer for ;) )

Best, Rich

thanks Rich, talking about tiles, I did the whole groundfloor of my house about 20 years ago and there just starting to come lose in places, I'm hoping to repair them but have a feeling that once I start Ill find more have come unstuck than I think so I keep putting it off . ill get the next moon mosaic right " fingers crossed. clear skys, charl.

57 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

ill get the next moon mosaic right " fingers crossed. clear skys, charl.

We have every confidence,, and look forward to it :)  Good luck :)

I wish y'all didnt go on about tiles, I have a pile in the bathroom that should really be re-afixed , some time ,, :(

16 hours ago, RichM63 said:

The 'only' successful mosaic I have ever achieved is when myself and ex Mrs bought a random job lot of mixed square and rectangular thick quarry tiles for 100 m² floor. They arrived individually and randomly. Hundreds of the blighters.

My task was to figure out how to use them with minimum waste and an end interesting pattern, ie all laid on a diagonal with intersecting 90°, and inlaid patterns. 

Ok so I'm sitting on it right now.

Now you know what lino is for :-)

LoL, lino and parts of the house dating back to at least 1660, ...meah + lino was more expensive m² than the job lot of misc' ancient quarry tiles. :) Now, anyone enjoy 'roofing'?

Charl, pity we are so far apart, I'd spend the time sorting or relaying your loose stuff in exchange for comprehensive mosaic lessons. ;)

best wishes with your continued mosaics.

Archived