Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New from North Dakota!

GoodOleJim

I haven't formally introduced myself, though I've been active for a couple days!

My name is Jim. I'm from North Dakota, United States, the few the proud! I got into the hobby a few years ago, and I absolutely love it. I own two telescopes; a 4.5" Orion Equatorial, and a 10" Orion Dobsonian. I love them both, and am currently working on getting a wide variety of eyepieces to get the most out of the 10". There aren't any star clubs around where I live, so I rely on forums like this to learn more than I know already. You should expect plenty of questions that are simplistic at their core. :)

I would love to get into astrophotography. I joined to learn as much as I can to prepare myself for this venture in the future. 

Jim

Hi Jim and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us! There's a load of us imagers knocking about and there's loads of information in the imaging section. If you think that DSO's will be your bag in imaging then get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count'.... something of an imagers bible, it's a great read and will help enormously :)

Look forward to seeing you around :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived