Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Soul Nebula Ha reprocess

Allinthehead

I was never really satisfied with the grainy result i got the last time so on a cold and dreary Sunday here in Cork i decided to have another go. 

Recently i have started to learn some processes in PI to then transfer for finishing touches in PS. 

So this is 10 hrs in 120 second subs with astrodon 5nm ha filter, 80ed, asi 1600mm

I did a masked histogram transformation stretch, then dark structure enhance in PI

Local contrast enhancement, further histogram adjustment in levels, selective sharpening and noise reduction, and finally make stars smaller(noel carboni) in PS.

Original version here---

Stacked imagenew.png

Richard 

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Really good detail and contrast. I also like the framing given the fow. An image for imagination. Congratulations!

2 hours ago, theo said:

Very nice reprocess Richard. As mentioned above the detail is great.

Pete

Thanks guys for feedback. Appreciate it. 

8 hours ago, seo said:

Nice work Richard . :thumbsup:

Thanks seo.

2 hours ago, Shibby said:

Great detail in one of my favourite nebulae. I like the way you have managed to enhance the contrast without going too over-the-top.

Thanks Shibby. I like the nebula too. So much to look at. Up next is the heart nebula, forecast is clear for me tonight.:icon_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work Richard, could you make brighter without compromising?

Paddy

Thanks Paddy. Funny you should say that as i noticed after i posted it could do with a slight lift and already made an adjustment without posting it. How's this?

Stacked imagenew.png

Archived