Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Further Lunacy

johnfosteruk

The moon madness continues with yet another clear night and favourable seeing conditions. 

Captured 160 still frames with the D3200 at 1/640s ISO 100, cropped and aligned in Pipp, stacked the best 50% in AS!2 and finished off with the dark arts of wavelets then a little Photoshop beautification.

We have a mono, an RGB and because I know some chaps like it an annotated edition. I hope you'll agree they're worth a look at full size.

Mono

Moon 11-02-17 Mono.png

RGB

Moon 11-02-17 Colour.png

Annotated

Moon 11-02-17 ANNOTATED.png

Two clear nights in a row? Somebody must have been a good boy!

great images sir, i assume it's photoshop for the annotations and boarders etc..

send some clear up north, it's been a while since we've seen some sun or stars... Going to need some vitamin supplements at this rate!

ta

fozzie

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Two clear nights in a row? Somebody must have been a good boy!

great images sir, i assume it's photoshop for the annotations and boarders etc..

send some clear up north, it's been a while since we've seen some sun or stars... Going to need some vitamin supplements at this rate!

ta

fozzie

Foz I'm never a good boy. I can't send some clear mate but I can send some vitamins. ? 

10 hours ago, nightfisher said:

how do you go about putting the names on

can I put a word in for IrfanView (free ), it is quite small, not as intimidating/steep learning as Gimp and other progs, and has a simple text editing facility for names, arrows, lines etc.

I think John has been a good boy, I am not too far to his NE and I didnt get sight of the moon at all all evening and night :(

In fact I am thinking of giving up scopes and going out in the cold and things and just looking at all these superb offerings on SGL -- a virtual window on the universe :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

can I put a word in for IrfanView (free )

Forgot about Irfanview, great little tool. I've used it for years for batch resizing and other batch tasks.

3 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

In fact I am thinking of giving up scopes and going out in the cold

You don't want to do that :) 

Archived