New camera - my first full moon close-up

furrysocks2

Tricky... new camera is a neat little microscope barrel cam with C mount thread, supposed to do 5MP @15fps and 0.3MP at 125 or something. However, not getting anything like that in the settings (5MP@2fps), and those resolutions that are offered at 60fps are giving me 8fps effective, due to dropped frames. Very frustrated.

However, didn't stop me trying it out with a red filter on a full moon. I took several short videos at 1024x768 - joined and cropped AOI in PIPP and stacked about 50 frames in AS!2. A very different image than I'm used to.

second capture.jpg

Not happy with the camera yet - need a bit more time with it. While there's some detail there, I'm not sure if I like this image or not - maybe the red filter was too much.

29 minutes ago, furrysocks2 said:

Ahhh.. think I had contrast cranked up for on-screen "visual" observing - should have brought it down dimmed laptop screen makes it a bit harder to judge...

sure it's not the eclipse ?

ok I'll get my coat

ps. interesting, following ,,

Archived