Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 with 450D through 150 achro.

Cloudwatcher

First attempt this time around at M31 which is still in the 'Orange Zone' from my site. Canon 450D at prime focus of ST150,40 sec' @ ISO 800. Still managed to burn the core and despite best efforts in Photoshop could not bring out much detail in the outer region........ Plenty of stars though,even if they are rather blobby. :hello2:

Still got some more frames to work on taken at various exposures etc. so fingers crossed for a better result.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Heya!

Its a good start, you have a great wide FOV for that, lets you capture the whole of the thing with ease.

Just out of interest, are you saving your files as RAWs? If so you will have a whole wealth of data that you aren't tapping into.

Also, you might try a CLS filter from Modern Astronomy, think the eos clip one should fit right into the 450D (you can try mine if you are at kelling or nearby to coventry?)

I am very surprised that the core gets burned out with only 40 sec exposures @iso 800.

Erm, I just re-read the post, is that from a single image? get stacking if so!!!!!!

Cheers

TJ

Archived