Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Portugal

Eduardo Ventura

I've started asking questions and haven't properly introduced myself... How rude of me... :sad2:

Anyway, I'm from Portugal and am a Photorapher, as well as an Environmental Engineer. I've been in and out of the astronomy hobby, mainly because of crappy telescopes and the frustration they bring... So I decided to buy a Star Adventurer to see what I could do with it, and got pretty excited that I managed to photograph some Messier objects. After that experience I started to gather some money and decided to buy a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150P DS on a HEQ5 Synscan Pro, and couldn't be more chuffed with it... It opened up a realm of possibilities, even though skies haven't been great around here, and I have only had one chance to use it, so far...

My intentions are to pursue astrophotography, and so I've started to gather a bit more money to buy some more stuff, like coma corrector, guidescope and cam, etc, etc, etc...

Cheers for now,

Hey welcome Eduardo!

I'm also in Portugal - near Odemira, Alentejo. Not into astrophotography though, purely visual.

So far I didn't find many amateur astronomers around here. Might help if I spoke a bit better Portuguese!

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome... I have to go out and use my new kit more often (a cloud free sky on non-working days would be nice)... And I'll go ahead and post ALL of my questions here... Thanks a lot guys...

On 10/02/2017 at 20:24, AlentejoSkies said:

Hey welcome Eduardo!

I'm also in Portugal - near Odemira, Alentejo. Not into astrophotography though, purely visual.

So far I didn't find many amateur astronomers around here. Might help if I spoke a bit better Portuguese!

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Hey AlentejoSkies you're in a rather dark sky region of Portugal... Good for you... I have to drive for a bit to find a rural darkish site... Usually I go with the Atalaia group (www.atalaia.org)... Since you're in a smaller town talking a bit more Portuguese would really help you as there aren't many English speaking people around there...

Cheers for now and thank you once again for a rather warm welcome!

Archived