SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galilean Satellites

astroavani

yy.png
Extrapolating Resolution Limits
Photos made as an experiment because it is known that to achieve something useful in the satellites of Jupiter the seeing should be very good and with little humidity in the air, which was not exactly the case in this capture, although seeing is in the range of 4 / 5 the relative humidity was around 79%.
Even so it is possible with willpower to see some spots of albedo in Ganymede and Callisto.
It struck me that it had gone well round, which is not usual, in compensation Callisto came out quite oval like Europe.
In a photo of these it is possible to observe the limits of resolution by which we are planetary astrophotographers since the disc of Europe for example, shows itself with less than 1 second of arc.
In short, a little shocking photo, but that probably will be admired by those who like me, dedicate themselves to this type of astrophotography and know that such a record is quite difficult to obtain.
Http://astroavani.no.comunidades.net/satelites-galileanos

No, I never tried Ceres, my friend Ben!

The fact that Callisto has become oval, must have been caused by a crater with albedo very high there in the pole, if it is known that Callisto is very dark. This difference of albedo in a disk of about 1 seg of arc must have caused this dispersion and ovalado the satellite that should be round in the photo, see the photo of the Winjupos that shows the same position:

Clipboard01.png

Very impressive to see the discs.  I wondered why Callisto matched Ganymede for size in your images and you explained it well.  On my wish list is to capture Io via my filter grating SA100.  Supposedly it is possible to catch the Sulphur (volcano) lines in the spectrum? At Mag 6 I am hopeful of something.  The issue will be calibration but I can do it based on the known dispersion.

Archived