Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neq6 binding in RA with clutch loosened

Breetai

Hello all.

I noticed this last time I was setting up my mount. 

With the counterweight bar in east position there is no problem. Moving counterweights only slightly and the scope starts tipping.

But when I flip it around to west side I have to move the counterweight a long way up or down the bar before it starts tipping.

After this I tried manual turning just the mount with no scope or weights on and I can feel more resistance for half of the RA rotation. 

Should i worry about this?

I can still balance it fine i guess as long as I always do it in east position.

Not sure if my HEQ5 is the same, but I had this issue and it was the hole for the polarscope catching on the motor cables as it rotated.

If you look down the polarscope from the objective end and rotate the RA you will see the hole for the polarscope to sight through.

Like I said might not be the same.

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 14:18, andyboy1970 said:

Not sure if my HEQ5 is the same, but I had this issue and it was the hole for the polarscope catching on the motor cables as it rotated.

If you look down the polarscope from the objective end and rotate the RA you will see the hole for the polarscope to sight through.

Like I said might not be the same.

I looked inside but can't see anything like this.

I tried removing the clutch level and loosening the brass bolt but it remains the same.

Thanks though.

Archived