SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telescope Amnesty - INTECH Planetarium, Winchester - 22nd October 2008

FREE advice session, followed by Planetarium Show.

With the HantsAstro online astronomy group, and members of the BBC Sky at Night team.

Advice session: 6:00pm - 7:45pm, completely FREE

Bring your kit to INTECH for free advice on how to get the best from it. Arrive any time after 6:00pm for this drop-in event. Volunteers from local astronomy societies and universities will join members of the BBC Sky at Night team to help you use your equipment for an early evening observation on the INTECH terrace.

While you're here, try out other equipment, get advice on what to buy (or not to buy!), and find out about local astronomical societies. INTECH's friends the online astronomy group HantsAstro will be helping with this event - ask them about their free observing nights at the INTECH site!

Special Planetarium Show: 8:00pm - 8:45pm, £6/£5

A Guide to the Splendours of the Winter Sky

For one night only; a show by Pete Lawrence and Ninian Boyle from the BBC Sky at Night Team.

Join our two expert astronomers as they take you on a trip across the winter night sky, showing you some wonderous sights that will delight and astound. There's something for everyone here, from craters on the Moon to distant galaxies. Come along, enjoy the show and prepare to be inspired.

For more details and booking please visit,

http://www.intech-uk.com/folders/planetarium/special_event__telescope_amnesty.cfm

Tickets for the show are £6/£5 (concession for seniors and those in full-time education).

We strongly recommend booking your tickets early on (01962) 863791

Please note this event is for those aged 8+ only

Sounds great Dave, i'll be there. Perhaps someone can give me advice on how to buy a 12" truss tube dob for £150.

Russ

Love to. That'll be me then if I can, but I paid £160 for a Revelation Dob' and it's a 10".... ;-)

Archived