Snow joke

Davey-T

One of the many full Native American moon names  - I always like January's Wolf Moon ;)

What's worse is the media building this Friday up as something spectacular with the Snow Moon, eclipse and New Year's comet - even if it's clear there will be many disappointed skywatchers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/0/can-see-lunar-eclipse-snow-moon-new-year-comet-night/

1 hour ago, symesie04 said:

So let me get this straight the full moon on the 11th is actually no different to any other full moon? Just mumbo jumbo then. I might call tomorrows sun no show sun :icon_biggrin:

Its the full moon that falls in February - not sure why the UK media is picking up more on the Native American lore for the descriptions...  It will coincide with a penumbral eclipse - that's about it!

6 hours ago, symesie04 said:

So let me get this straight the full moon on the 11th is actually no different to any other full moon? Just mumbo jumbo then. I might call tomorrows sun no show sun :icon_biggrin:

No, the op explained why its called the snow moon so no mumbo jumbo involved. Especially if you're a native american. The 25th Dec is the same as every other day but I bet ya call it christmas day. :D

33 minutes ago, Scott said:

No, the op explained why its called the snow moon so no mumbo jumbo involved. Especially if you're a native american. The 25th Dec is the same as every other day but I bet ya call it christmas day. :D

Actually i call it a lot of things none of which i can mention on here :icon_biggrin:

Archived