Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Early evening Moons and Processing Journey

RichM63

So this time I had a slot to actually use a tripod....but...

It has been so long that I have forgotten the basic processing steps, and what is the 'standard' colour hue for an acceptable Moon, together with what is OK in terms of contrast, brightness etc.

Shot with the 7D + Tamron 150-600 VC... + Kenko 2x, ISO400, 1/200, f6.3, Manual Focusing through Live View @ 10x. Weather windy, and light drizzle with scudding clouds. Now bucketing down hence the early attack.

I'd much appreciate critiques, and very much appreciate advice on processing (even if it is just to a best 'default' Moon image, because I could then work out, what was what)

My paltry attempt. note the lack of detail in the bottom right quadrant. :(

Moon 07_02_17 _g4_ap5_1.jpg

Help, Rich

4 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

I like it Rich, as for colour I just make sure I pull the 3 histogram peaks together in Registax or Photoshop. Your focus is good - how many frames is it?

Just ONE unfortunately as I can't seem to get any stacking software to work. :( I was hoping to stack about 16 frames at slightly different apertures.

'Overcooked' We agree Michael, hopefully the weather gods will be kind when I get home. I left the kit setup ready to roll.. have some static Cumulus which I hope won't all join together when the tide turns.

Rich

Archived