Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems with Registax 6

Hi guys, I'm new to planetary or lunar imaging but having seen lots of stuff on-line I thought I'd be able to tackle Registax, pretty well... But no...

I got a lot of Division by zero errors and Access Violations...

Do you get these regularly? Plus, when I used the "show something" checkboxes at the top I felt like the program didn't do anything I asked it to. For instance I would click on the "Show full image" and it wouldn't do a thing, but when I unchecked it it would show me the unzoomed image which wasn't there in the first place...

I'm a Canon shooter and I know *.mov's aren't accepted by Registax so I used a free converter to convert it to avi. Could that be it? What software do you use to converto MOV files to process in Registax?

Thanks a lot, cheers

Ah... It worked...

The movie (straight from a .mov) went from PIPP, to Autostakert, to Registax for the wavelet filter...

Cool, thank you guys... It needs 3 different software packages but I felt quite comfortable using all of them this way...

Note to the left of the moon Aldebaran after being occulted by the moon...

Cheers.

AutoStakkert_EPV_1_g4_ap109_Registax_PS.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 08/02/2017 at 00:39, Eduardo Ventura said:

Ah... It worked...

The movie (straight from a .mov) went from PIPP, to Autostakert, to Registax for the wavelet filter...

Cool, thank you guys... It needs 3 different software packages but I felt quite comfortable using all of them this way...

Note to the left of the moon Aldebaran after being occulted by the moon...

Cheers.

AutoStakkert_EPV_1_g4_ap109_Registax_PS.jpg

Amazing work, this is a real masterpiece! 

Archived