Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dobsonian skywatcher

fiestazetecmk2

Just getting my ideas down for making my dobsonion alt adjustment set-up on paper.will start work on it asap.watch this space.will have wheel central between 2 stainless rods 1 will be threaded.and 1 plain.set in a block .both ends rose jointed for smooth movement Should be simple really.

47 minutes ago, fiestazetecmk2 said:

Just getting my ideas down for making my dobsonion alt adjustment set-up on paper.will start work on it asap.watch this space.will have wheel central between 2 stainless rods 1 will be threaded.and 1 plain.set in a block .both ends rose jointed for smooth movement Should be simple really.

Is this the same arrangement as the commercially available one on which you based your az? Ie having the lengths of plain and threaded rods overlap in length, quick release on the plain for coarse and handwheel on the threaded for fine? Or are you nesting one inside the other?

OK.

Not that mine is much to go on, but three things about it come to mind (which likely won't plague yours anyway)...

• my adjuster is up near the aperture which I find too high
  • I've some play between threaded and tube which makes for a bit of a rattle/deflection when reaching for and tweaking the adjuster
  • is your scope already a bit front heavy when you de-tension the alt bearings? I find that without an EP or much weight up top I have to assist the scope in coming down - keep it all smooth, front loaded or both and you're probably fine

Not that you need any help from me - your az looks the business!! Well done.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived