SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Penumbral eclipse

jambouk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, johnfosteruk said:

It should be but it is going to be very subtle. 

Thanks for that johnfosteruk

Weather doesn`t look good here for Friday in Essex. In fact snow is forecast. Looks like the eclipse could be clouded out for me. Was thinking of perhaps doing some naked eye sketches of the event if it is clear.

Im actually being forecast for clear after 12 and 50% cloud from 20:00 onwards... which says to me I might have an actual chance to fire off some frames, and see if I can catch the phasing...  Be nice to actually get out with a scope as opposed to a umbrella!

I thought the penumbral shadow would be too subtle, so hadn't planned to observe. However, on looking out at about 00:30, I realised the shadow was quite striking. I set up the Meade 127mm ED for a few pics. This one was 4 minutes after maximum eclipse.

Regards, Mike.

Img_5367.jpg

7 minutes ago, mcrowle said:

I thought the penumbral shadow would be too subtle, so hadn't planned to observe. However, on looking out at about 00:30, I realised the shadow was quite striking.

That's a nice image Mike.  I too was surprised how well the shadow showed -  it was apparently a very good penumbral eclipse.

andrew

Archived