Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 (My appetizer from last night)

Roy Batty

When I fired up the mount it showed it was last used on the 29th of July! - just goes to show how thoroughly carp the weather has been of late. There was still variable amounts of high cloud about but M13 was the first target to present itself when it had got properly dark, albeit with a full moon.

Yep I know it's a common target but it was nice just to get out under the stars and do some imaging.

Here's the detail: 19 X 1min subs, prime focus, unguided, ISO800.

Later on I moved onto M31 -which I'm working on at the mo.

cheers

RB

M13 - Globular Cluster

7734_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A beauty Roy. No one can ever get fed up of looking at M13. If they do, it's time for them to pack it all in, and take up flower arranging.

Besides, you gave us a bonus with this image, you bagged NGC6207 too.

Ron. :hello2:

Nice shot there, I was going to ask what the galaxy up the top was but someones already answered that.

Had a quick look on the internet on that galaxy and found a similar view to yours but nowhere near as good as yours.

Nice.

NC

Very nice M13, good colours and a hell of a lot of stars there! (you might find even more down there, if you pull at the curves a bit!). And you've managed to keep the resolution right down to the core.

Not only have you got NGC 6207 nicely, but I can see M13's other, much fainter and more difficult 'companion' IC 4617, nice and clear, too! It's a bit to the right of a line joining 6207 and M13, about halfway between them.

Archived