Plato and the Alps

furrysocks2

Have just enjoyed looking at a couple of other shots of this put up here today - here's my effort with my 1.3MP 15fps cheapy - no IR filter or any other, because no filter thread and not enough in focus for my filter holder. With exposure set to minimum, just got it low enough.

Still manually tracking with a broom handle, and really shouldn't set up on the garden path when paving slabs move as I shift my body weight to reach the laptop. I let AS!2 sharpen because I'm not happy with my results in Registax. Stack of about 100/2000 frames

vallis alpes.jpg

On 05/02/2017 at 21:08, furrysocks2 said:

Still manually tracking with a broom handle, and really shouldn't set up on the garden path when

why not, ?  when producing images like this !! Superb, carry on with your broom hanndle and we will soon have our own Lunar (SGL) Atlas :)

cast aside thoughts of eq platforms :)

5 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

why not, ?  when producing images like this !! Superb, carry on with your broom hanndle and we will soon have our own Lunar (SGL) Atlas :)

cast aside thoughts of eq platforms :)

Ha! Thanks for that. :icon_biggrin:

Still hoping to improve.

Archived