Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

hobsey

Canon 700D body

Canon 700D body only in excellent condition.

I can't seem to find a shutter count software that works so I'm having a guess that the count is around 14K give or take a couple of thousand, hence the cheap price.

No dust on the sensor that I can see.

Comes complete with everything that you expect in the box from new, including an aftermarket battery grip, 1 genuine battery and 2 aftermarket batteries.

Not used in a while after upgrading.

Collection is from GU6.

£250

9Z2A1067.jpg

Edited by hobsey

For your shutter count, providing that you have left the picture numbering to 'default settings' ie sequential, simply look at the number on the EXIF for the last picture taken.

Rich

• Like 1

Well, done. 

I forgot you can do that.

Right, I've looked at the file number and it says 0675 and I know it's done over 10k so I can only imagine it's at 10,675.

Still cheap at this price as I've seen worse condition ones and higher shutter count go for more than this.

I believe that does'nt work if you swapped the card between cameras.

You could try the free APT download, APT supports shuttercount digic 3 and above or at your own risk try Magic Lantern.

I don't know why Canon try to hide this from us, it should be easy enough to stick in the EXIF.

• Like 1

OK, thanks for that.

I will try APT this evening. 

I have no idea why canon hide it, it's stupid.

Edited by hobsey

Lots of people get obsessed with shutter counts. Canon used to state the expected life of their mid range cameras as 100,000 (I think the pro ranges were 250k or something) so yours, at well under 10k is a very low count. However, Canon shuters are very reliable, and many go on and on way past the 100k point. The general condition of the camera is more important. This one loooks to be in really excellent condition.

• Like 1

I have previously purchased from Anthony, ie the Tamron 150-600, and can only say that in 'my' experience, he looks after his kit and understates the excellent condition, whilst under-pricing. :)

This camera is a bargain for someone.

(@ Anthony, if you haven't sold it before when you need to, drop me a PM, I may be able to help you out, although I don't exactly need another 700D) same delivery method would apply.

Best Rich

• Like 1

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 13:05, solarboy said:

Hi 

Is it astro modded

Solarboy

Sorry for the delay in replying.

No, it's not modded. 

Hi admin, could please remove this post, I'm withdrawing the ad.

Many thanks.