Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Returning after a 4 year gap!

Sierra Golf Mike

Wouldn't have believed it was four years if I hadn't looked at my last posts. No new kit but hope to get back into imaging. With the gap though, I'm pretty much learning from scratch again as I didn't do an awful lot of imaging before. I'm guessing that some of my kit SPC900 etc is way out of date not too say my software! Is it sill Sharpcap and Registax that most people are using? Is there any other free stuff out there to help me?

Any help or suggestions offered is much appreciated.

welcome back ,Sharpcap is still used updated a bit since you used last now has polar align feature too, spc900 are still used,though there area lot better low budget cams out now sub £200,qhy ,zwo two of the more popular brands ,Firecapture is also a popular video aquasition software used,theres loads more software out there depends what your looking for .

Hello & welcome back Steve.

I did the same recently & came back after a break. It's amazing how much you'll remember, once you start.

Biggest change I saw, was the introduction of Polar master..........???

Clear sky's 

This forum is as friendly as ever, thanks all for the welcome back. I will take stock and try and get up to speed soon with the existing software then look at the new stuff. I did have a look and saw the ZWO and ToupTek cameras which seem well priced. Why are the Mono ones more expensive than the Colour ones though? I may be able to stretch to one of those but the rest of the kit I have will be it, no more I'm afraid!

Viv, Coningsby is a wonderful place I have been a guest of the BBMF several times and had the pleasure of a flight in the Dakota. What a tremendous experience! Apologies for going of topic but thought I'd share

Hi Steve,

I bought a DSO ZWO a few weeks ago, still yet to use it properly though ???

How lovely, quite a special memory that ? Typhoon is my baby & especially the display. Should have his first over base tomorrow, so a brand new routine & a little excited here. An awful lot to live up to follow 2016 pilot (Mark Long - not putting flying name.....) but if you know of him, or saw the display, then you'll know how very good he was.

Welcome back :)  I have moved on a lot in that time and a fair bit in the last 6 months.  Now I'm pushing ahead with everything Linux including the Raspberry Pi for imaging and hardware control.

Archived