Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus with Bader U filter 4.2.2017

Pete Presland

Another chance to use the Baader U filter this afternoon. I started imaging at around 3:30, but this image was captured at 4:24 and showed the most detail. I captured at a variety of settings this one was at an exposure of 28.71ms, Gain=100, Gamma=50, FPS (avg.)=33 the Histogram=74%.

C9.25/ASI120mm. 20,000 frames stacking 25% in A/S2, sharpened in IMPPG. The seeing seemed pretty good so I did hope for a little more detail to be honest. The phase is getting smaller and size larger though. 

2017.02.04 UV filter IMPPG 4.24pm.png

Very nice, Pete! Better luck on details increasing in days to come. Venus is a tough one.

I hope you're keeping records on 'seeing' and phases and all those good details. Slowly we will know more about what & when - and better results will emerge for the incessant cloud-bank that is Venus.

Dave

On 06/02/2017 at 00:06, Dave In Vermont said:

Very nice, Pete! Better luck on details increasing in days to come. Venus is a tough one.

I hope you're keeping records on 'seeing' and phases and all those good details. Slowly we will know more about what & when - and better results will emerge for the incessant cloud-bank that is Venus.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I am keeping records and this year i promised myself they would be much better with detail than before. I record the temperature, weather, barometer pressure, Jet stream, also i make a judgement about the seeing. 

I record equipment used scope, camera, filters, Barlow.

All the settings of the capture are recorded by Firecapture, but i am also writing the ones i consider important in the diary as well. Such as Exposure, Gain, Gamma, frame quantity, and the histogram. 

Finally i am trying to make some notes regarding the processing results as well, hopefully in the future it will be helpful.

Continue the great imaging of our mysterious sister planet, Pete. I'm enjoying observing using a polarizing filter to cut the glare. I swear I can see some detail in those clouds, if only slight. It's pretty exciting. Images like yours are inspirational. :icon_biggrin:

Clear skies, 

Reggie

Archived