Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Stevie P

Cartes Du Ciel Guru Required Help

Hi Guys

I maybe missing the point here somehow,,, I have been using stellarium and stellarium Scope to control mount etc via eqascom... I have just

switched to CDC, in stellarium scope a CTRL+1 key press would initiate a goto command (this was set up on a gamepad key press), my question is, can you configure a gamepad key press in CDC to do the same thing????

Thanks in advance

Steve

Edited by Stevie P

Not sure how your gamepad is connected to CdC/ mount??

I have EQMod connection to my NEQ6 mount.

In CdC I use the goto by right click on selected object - then "telescope/ slew"

My gamepad is connected wirelessly (logitech rumble pad 2), I can goto easily enough via CDC software, but would like to assign a gamepad key to do this, I have made a farily extensive internet search but have been unable to find any detail,,,, I have managed to set up a sync command via eqascom/gamepad but no success on instigating a goto... 

Hmmm

You are correct. The EQmod manual, p33 details all the button assignments and doesn't include GOTO.

A question - how would you define the target to GOTO?? To me this normally means selecting an object remotely from the telescope FOV usually on the CdC screen......

14 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

Hmmm

You are correct. The EQmod manual, p33 details all the button assignments and doesn't include GOTO.

A question - how would you define the target to GOTO?? To me this normally means selecting an object remotely from the telescope FOV usually on the CdC screen......

Using Stellarium / Stellarium Scope select target then a  goto is initiated by a CTRL+1 keyboard stroke, on the gamepad this is configigarble (not sure thats a real word), but I am struggling to find a way to accomplish this in  CDC .....

Edited by Stevie P
spelling

OK

There doesn't seem to be a shorthand hot key for GOTO commands in CdC.

You need to select the object then right click/telescope/GOTO

1 minute ago, Merlin66 said:

OK

There doesn't seem to be a shorthand hot key for GOTO commands in CdC.

You need to select the object then right click/telescope/GOTO

Thank You for looking, into this.  Thats the same conclusion I came too, after spending a good part of today searching, oh well a little more effort required....