Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PERecorder - won't load!

mikey2000

I can't get PERecorder to load on my Windows 10 64 bit laptop - it crashes straight away ("PERecorder has stopped working, Windows is looking for a solution") 

I fancied trying a bit of EQMOD PEC to see if I can get it working but I'm falling at the first step.    I've tried the recent downloads from the website 1.1.0.26 and the previous 1.1.0.25 version with no luck.

Are there some pre-requisites (Such as actually needing to be connected to a scope?) (I tried with the EQmod Simulated Telescope running...)

There isn't much support at the PERecorder website...

EQMOD doesn't need perecorder anymore (and hasn't for a long time) it has its own inbuilt PE recording and PEC generation called AutoPEC (that records in the background whilst guiding). See the EQMOD Periodic error guide on the EQMOD project website.

Alternatively you can use a standard autoguider application such as PHD to capture an unguided log and then process the data with PECPrep.

Aha!  I see now!  It's all built in!   I never thought to click on that little green cross on the eqmod interfacem but now I have tried it, the AutoPec stuff is all there.  Thanks!

Probelm solved!   Well, I hope so - it's still cloudy so I can't get out to try this!

Archived