SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cosmic Void “Pushes” Milky Way

So what is pushing and pulling all of that?

Intuitively, I always imagine things moving from left to right when observed from the outside but this model seems to have been perceived as moving from right to left, which I know is meaningless in an infinite space but it just feels strange.

I think I get that, but my questions what is pushing or pulling that whole region along on the ssumption that the Shapley Attractor and Dipole Repeller system is itself moving in relation to the rest of the universe?

8 hours ago, DRT said:

I think I get that, but my questions what is pushing or pulling that whole region along on the ssumption that the Shapley Attractor and Dipole Repeller system is itself moving in relation to the rest of the universe?

Yep I think thats it.  

Intriguing. It almost suggests that its all part of a bound system and alternate ends of one of the same. A cosmic wormhole or blackhole that eats one end passes the other. So that would mean we would go from the prestigious glory of knowing we are children of the stars to knowing we are principally the product of a giant wormholes backside. Oh how the mighty fall.

Archived