Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Bodkin

Fullerscopes MkIV mount

My ancient (owned since the 1980s) Fullerscopes mount is for sale.  Hardly used over the last ten years as I prefer a dobsonian mount for my 10 inch and it is overkill for my 6 inch mak-newt.  I was intending to put a long focus refractor on it, but the permanent space in the garden is going to the 20 inch.  It comes with dual drives and a VFO with hand paddle, one counterweight and rings for a 10 inch , if required.  The mount is dusty, but has always been kept in a dry location. 

I have no idea what these old mounts are worth to people.  I will start off at £300, but am open to offers. 

Collection in person from mid Wales. 

WP_20170203_001.jpg

WP_20170203_002.jpg

WP_20170203_003.jpg

I do like this mount , just to far away.

On 2/3/2017 at 10:41, Bodkin said:

mid Wales

That looks like heaven Jonathan,  great mount in a room full of half finished pots :headbang:   we have the scope and rings for it but it's dob mounted atm and could not even begin to find the space for your mount, hope it goes somewhere nice.

• Like 1

Always wanted one of these and just my luck when I am downsizing one comes up.

Have you listed it on UKABS? There are always folks looking for these as they make superb base mounts for modernising.

Thanks for the appreciative comments. I have decided to keep it after all. In fact it is now being restored; the paint has been removed, worm wheels cleaned and brass polished. Unsure whether to respray with original black crackle or a shiny colour. I may even smooth and polish it to a high shine. All I need is a 6 inch f15 refractor! From for sale add to wanted add within a week.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this