Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

A very rushed "First Light" image of my new kit. Many friends here know what I've recently purchased, but officially here is the announcement. Its a QHY9 Monochrome CCD camera with a Slim filter wheel for 7 x 36mm round filters. There are also LRGB Ha OIII and SII filters purchased. I also got a QHY5L-II guider and some other adapters to fit the whole thing together. After a couple tries, first light was last night and i've deviated from the M42 aka Orion Nebula image. This is the Rosette Nebula (Caldwell 49), and its associated cluster NGC2244 are approximately 5000 light years away in the Monoceros Constellation. Image is a stack of 18x300s in H-alpha lights, no darks and flats taken. Stacked using Median method in Deep Sky Stacker and quickly processed in Photoshop using only crop, levels, curves and unsharp mask. C&C are more than welcome.

Rosettetest2.jpg

• Like 14

Great first light. Hope you have lots of clear nights to enjoy your new kit.

• Like 1

Great first light Sathya. You will enjoy the Narrowband and LRGB experience.

Steve

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 03:47, PatrickGilliland said:

As discussed elsewhere no x4 binning next time :) .  Get that first set of data based on this set you will be onto a winner i suspect.  

Paaddy

Yes Ofcourse Paddy. :p

That was on Amateur Astrophotography ezine FB page :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

• By AstroRuz
      As new condition ultra narrowband 1.25" Baader filter. 3.5nm bandpass for nice small stars.
      Bought and loved it, but planning on going from mono back to OSC so won't have a use for this narrow a bandpass.

£130

• By AstroRuz
      Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
      £1000
      Includes:
      Altair Astro 183m Tec
      Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
      ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
      All associated cables/plugs
      T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
      Boxes and cases
      There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
      Collection or postage via DPD.
      Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
      No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split

• By LuminousCRO
      I was looking to get into astrophotography with my 10 inch dobson and for start would like to buy something affordable. Cameras can be used or new. Thanks in advance!
    • By R26 oldtimer
      I see that there are some great actions for PS out there but they come at a price. Have you come across any free and good actions, that you can recommend?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.